Friday, November 28, 2008

Post turkey day blues.

In general, I hate working the day after Thanksgiving. Today was doubly miserable, I had to tell 26 people that due to the current state of our economy(thanks Bush) they were going to lose anywhere between 8 and 16 hours of work each week, effective immediately. The decision came down from above, I had held it off for the past 6 weeks or so hoping things might turn around enough so that the cuts wouldn't be necessary but that wasn't to be. As bad as I feel having delivered the news, my people(and every one of the other 300 or so hourly employees where I work) are feeling it where it hurts most, their pockets. Great timing, right in the middle of the holiday season.

Taking the family to Hawk Mountain to watch the migration in the AM and trying to get in a ride in the PM to take my mind off this shit.

No comments: