Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday AM ride.

Took the MotoMonsterX for it's maiden dirt voyage today, just a little singletrack that runs along Neshaminy Creek(about a minute's ride from my house) My lack of fitness aside, it was a fun ride although I need to relearn off-roading on skinny tires. Low temps, scattered snow and icy patches with a few hurdles and run-ups thrown in for good measure, damn I felt like Roger De Vlaeminck!!! I even had my Brooklyn cycling cap on under my helmet! Going to try to get out again tomorrow, maybe on the Inbred which has been renamed "The Jerry Springer Bike" by Fatbob29er.

2 comments:

jpelton said...

I noticed you have Avid Mechanicals on your inbred. I was under the impression they would not fit on the rear due to the location.
Are there any hang-ups to using mechanicals on that frame?
Thanks,
Joe
joseph_p24@yahoo.com

Chris said...

Joe, You have to use the 185mm rotor or larger, the 160mm dosen't allow adequate articulation of the brake caliper.