Thursday, May 19, 2011

What a long, strange trip...

...it's been. Well, sort of. About a year ago I rekindled a love affair with hockey that had lain dormant for quite a while. Further fueling this was my son's interest in the game that rapidly became an obsession which led to countless hours playing outside and league hockey. In short, I've become a hockey dad. Being the obsessive type I am, I threw myself completely and totally into hockey while neglecting just about all other interests. With the Philadelphia Flyers early departure from the playoffs, the old pursuits (cycling for one!) have been creeping back into the periphery. Should be interesting to see if I can actually juggle more than one passion at a time.

1 comment:

fatbob29r said...

Chris! Glad you're back to it man, thought you dropped off or something. Taking a break from the bike is good, it will always be there... besides, if you're really done with the bike(s) I know a fellow shortie who thinks you have pretty good taste in bikes and wouldn't mind keeping an eye on them for you ;)

Post up some pic's of you and the boy playing some hockey... the only organized sport that I watch or pay to see (Let's go Cap's!)